Friday, May 30, 2014

Lovely day!

Hello! I must say that today was quite a successful day. I really tried to limit my snacking and I definitely stuck with my goal. I also managed to plan out my lunch and dinner in the morning which was great. I think I really like meal planning and will continue to do it. I really enjoyed not having to prepare something quick for lunch or dinner when I am usually very hungry or "hangry".. hahah. Besides I made sure to incorporate a good portion of veggies and protein which created extremely filling meals. I also included some carbs because everyone loves carbs and they supply so much energy! My blood sugar numbers were quite excellent as well. I had an average of about 127. WOOHOO! Well, that was pretty much it for today .. nothing too exciting ... but a happy diabetic day :).

-Victoria




My breakfast! Scrambled egg whites, turkey bacon, WW english muffin w/ some PB. This was super delicious and satisfying! So delish! Ohh .. and I had a cup of coffee on the side. I am a complete coffee addict. It always accompanies my breakfast.


Lunch time! Romaine lettuce, turkey, tomato and onion salad with brown rice cake (a healthier version and less carby version of croutons) and a small but decent portion of veggies. You can never have enough veggies in your meals .. the only hard part is actually eating them. Let's be honest .. not all veggies are yummy and I prefer to give mine a little dirty look before I dive into them.


I also worked out for about 30 minutes on the treadmill doing sprints here and there. I am trying to become more active! Work it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment